*SIGN ON BONUS: $1000*
Bellwether Housing is a highly respected non-profit housing organization, providing affordable apartments to 1,900 households in 30 properties throughout Seattle. We seek an experienced Property Management Specialist to join our Property Management Department.
- Use basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills in living units and common areas.
- Assist with renovation projects and with non-routine unit preparations.
- Work independently and, on occasion, assist with staff supervision.
- Assist with referring resident concerns to appropriate staff.
- Seek to provide residents with a safe, positive and sanitary environment
- Two years prior maintenance (carpentry, electrical, and plumbing) experience in an apartment setting, or three years prior maintenance (carpentry, electrical, and plumbing) experience in a high-volume, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Motivated individual with ability to work independently or as part of a team. Positive attitude a must.
- Highly organized; capable of taking personal initiative in a project as needed, making sure all work is completed and of high quality.
- Ability to complete strenuous work for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate in English.
- Dependable, self-motivated individual with a stable work history
- Carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repair knowledge.
- HVAC knowledge and experience.
- Boiler knowledge and experience.
- Supervisory and project management skills
Other Position Requirements:
- Must pass a criminal history background check.
- A valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
Compensation: $17.25 -$20.25 per hour DOE, benefits
Benefits: If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.