Northwest Harvest is seeking a skilled C-Level executive with deep expertise in logistics, distribution, and procurement. This individual will have a proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious goals in complex organizations. The ideal candidate will have considerable managerial experience and is adept at leading human and material resources efficiently.
The Chief Operations Officer will proactively build the operational and financial foundations for the organization and lead/manage the staff to allow the organization to achieve its strategic objectives.
The ideal candidate will thrive in the following areas of responsibility:
• Support the direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
• Improve existing process and procedures throughout the organization.
• Develop financial plans that support the long-term strategy of the organization.
• Facilitate ongoing analysis and architecting of best practices to ensure operational efficiency throughout the company.
• Translate the vision and long-term strategic plan to staff through 30, 60, and 90-day plans.
• Assuring and perpetuating a culture of curiosity, reflection, collaboration and accountability.
• Engendering confidence with internal and external partners.
• Partnering with all levels of Northwest Harvest in active brainstorming, thought
leadership and authentic real-time discussions which promote positive change.
Directly accountable for optimizing outcomes within the distribution center and
hunger response network operations.
1. Minimum of 10 years of senior business management experience within an operations or professional services enterprise.
2. At least 8 years’ experience in a management or executive role, preferably in an entrepreneurial environment.
3. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within procurement and purchasing departments.
4.Develop and execute new and improved procurement strategies across all applicable purchasing channels.
5. Demonstrated passion for our work.
6. Proven track record of hiring, inspiring, growing and managing a high functioning geographically dispersed team.
7. Proven successful track record in taking projects from concept to implementation.
8. Demonstrated ability to create and cultivate positive, productive internal and external working relationships that grow as a result of their association with Northwest Harvest.
9. Effective verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
10. BA/BS in a business-related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience; an MBA is preferred.
As an equal opportunity employer, Northwest Harvest is committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment.
Northwest Harvest does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
A current resume and thoughtful cover letter that articulates your passion for the mission of Northwest Harvest should be submitted for consideration through Diversity Recruiter’s candidate registration page or via email at email@example.com.