The Senior Asset Manager is part of the Accounting and Finance Department and collaborates closely with the Property Management and Real Estate Development departments to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of our diverse portfolio of multi-family, affordable housing developments. The Senior Asset Manager will track the financial performance of each asset and provide reports to other departments to inform key property management, development and re-capitalization decisions. The Senior Asset Manager will also be responsible for ongoing reporting to lenders and equity investors with respect to various financial metrics of each asset. This position supervises the Asset Management staff and provides oversight on the following responsibilities:
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
• Provides professional expertise in finance, accounting, and long-term asset management to support the real property management and financial reporting functions of Bellwether Housing's building portfolio.
• Provides analyses, forecasts, and tracking to alert Portfolio Managers and stakeholders to trends and events affecting Bellwether's properties.
• Develops and maintains portfolio performance measurement tools for analyzing property operating performance, cash flow, debt structures, and reserve accounts.
• Conducts iterative stakeholder conversations with other teams, investors, lenders and leadership to confer about organizational needs and identify opportunities for optimizing asset performance.
• Assists Portfolio Managers in developing annual building operations budgets to meet targeted debt service coverage ratios and other benchmarks.
• Monitors and forecasts reserve levels, capital accounts, and cash flow. Evaluates cash flow and reserve projections to ensure that each property will meet cash flow targets and compliance with financial covenants.
• Works with the insurance broker to ensure proper insurance coverage while mitigating risks for the building portfolios.
• Monitors and manages property valuations, assessments, and payments.
• Identifies, tracks, and monitors waterfall payment priorities.
• Supervises the Asset Management Specialist position.
External Communication and Relationship Management:
• Acts as a strategic partner to Real Estate Development in regard to property acquisition and due diligence.
• Ensures that Bellwether meets stakeholder requirements and expectations by monitoring and coordinating financial compliance submissions and preparing forecasts.
• Facilitates approval process with lenders and/or investors for capital work, reserve draws, financing, and other items required under the property's governing documents.
• Prepares quarterly reports and dashboards that summarize the financial status of assets for Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
• Works in collaboration with Real Estate Development and Property Management to create accurate operating expense and debt service proformas and long-term strategic plans for new properties.
• Researches partnership agreements, financing documents, regulatory agreements, leases, tax returns, and other documents to determine constraints and barriers to long-term needs.
• Partners with Sr. Facilities Manager, Portfolio Managers, and Director of Real Estate Development to create and maintain a comprehensive asset management strategy for each property.
• Monitors debt maturities and strategizes refinancing options and debt pay-offs.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, and/or related field and 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in financial analysis, asset or property management, accounting, finance, lending, or related work.
• Ability to read and understand real estate finance and partnership documents.
• Proven ability to engage collaboratively with leaders from other departments.
• Effective verbal and written communication and relationship building skills.
• Working knowledge of the principles of accounting.
• Knowledge of capital funding, operating subsidies, and rental assistance.
• Demonstrated experience developing and working with operating and development budgets for multi-family housing.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Proven ability to organize multiple projects.
• Proficient in MS Office, including the ability to develop advanced spreadsheets, manage databases, and produce meaningful charts and graphs.
• Accounting, finance or asset management experience with a real estate organization that manages affordable housing.
• Exposure to public and private funding sources used to develop affordable housing.
• Asset Management Specialist (AMS) or Certified Housing Asset Manager (CHAM) Certification.
• Familiarity with accounting general ledger and financial reporting software.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
• A personal vehicle is not a requirement of this position. However, if using a personal or company-owned vehicle in the performance of job duties associated with this position, incumbent must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver's License, the appropriate amount of automobile insurance, a safe driving record.
Compensation: $95,000 - $105,000, depending on experience
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm