The Events & Fundraising Manager is responsible for delivering events that inspire and engage participants in Bellwether Housing’s mission. In addition, this role supports fundraising efforts for general operations, programmatic initiatives such as the Resident Service Coordination program, and a capital campaign. This position is key to our organization’s success and requires a highly organized, energetic, creative, detail-oriented, and motivated person to lead event planning, including revenue generation, management, production, and sponsorships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Year-round planning, development, management, and execution of events aligned with assigned fundraising goals, such as our annual benefit luncheon, Winter and Spring beer tasting events, an annual putt-putt golf event, groundbreakings, and building openings. Elements of event planning include but are not limited to:
• Vendor management within purchasing and operating guidelines and budget.
• Solicit and secure sponsors; implement sponsor benefits.
• Manage event registration; ensure attendance goals are met.
• Provide staff leadership in the areas of event volunteer recruitment, orientation, training, and recognition.
• Manage budget and reporting documents for events.
Provides administrative, systematic, and creative support to execute elements of the annual fundraising and communications plans. Role includes processing gifts, managing donor database system, and assisting with donor cultivation and stewardship. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities in Salesforce and ensure accurate processing of gifts and pledges.
• Generate and mail acknowledgement letters.
• Obtain and maintain proper documentation for all gifts and pledges.
• Ensure that donor/prospect electronic and paper files are maintained accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that donor/prospect contact and biographical information updates are regularly made in Salesforce.
• Perform database maintenance and clean-up projects to maintain data integrity, as assigned.
• Ensure an easy online donation process by managing Bellwether Housing’s online transaction tool, iATS, and its integration with Salesforce and Bellwether’s Wix-hosted website.
• Generate reports to assist with benchmarking.
• Serve as point of contact for Development & Finance monthly reconciliations.
• Support the Fund Development Committee of the Bellwether Housing Board of Directors at bi-monthly meetings.
• Serve as Salesforce administrator.
• Experience planning large scale (500 – 1,000 person) events
• Experience using Salesforce CRM
• Outstanding attention to detail
• The ability to translate a vision into actionable steps
• Ability to problem-solve and provide excellent customer service in fast-paced environments
• Superior time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities
• Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion through your work
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 software suite
• Strong writing, editing, and public speaking skills
• Experience serving as a Salesforce Administrator
• Competency with Adobe InDesign and Lightroom programs
• Knowledge of affordable housing issues in Seattle, or an interest and willingness to learn
Other Position Requirements/Information:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing
• Schedule: Typically, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, occasional weekend and evening hours, as required for events
Compensation: $54,000 - $60,500 per year, depending on experience. Generous benefits