Card Kingdom is an online retailer that specializes in selling and buying Magic: The Gathering singles. Noted for their love of the community and game, Card Kingdom serves players all over the world. In addition to its eCommerce business, Card Kingdom owns and operates the award-winning game store and restaurant, Mox Boarding House, with locations in Seattle and Bellevue, and Portland.
Our Mission: We use tabletop gaming as a campfire – a place to gather, share and celebrate –for the sake of cultivating deeper relationships with our customers, amongst ourselves, with our communities, and the world.
Our Benefits: Excellent health benefits, generous PTO, paid parental leave, safe harbor 401k match, paid holidays and employee discounts. We are a family friendly culture that supports work life balance.
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for the success of all restaurant operations. This includes managing financial information, purchasing, staffing and vendor relations. With an emphasis on exceptional customer service, this individual drives the restaurant team to meet and exceed sales, operations, and service performance goals. As the champion of the company's values and mission, the Restaurant General Manager leads from the front and coaches their team on the proper behaviors, techniques, and service expectations while modeling the same.
• Provide leadership and supervision on a regular schedule with coverage during times of high customer traffic.
• Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
• Ensure safe and sanitary practices are in place and comply with all operational standards, applicable laws, with the ability to consistently pass all Health Department inspections.
• Maintains all restaurant equipment and ensure that the building appearance meets or exceeds expectations.
• Investigate and resolve all matters of concern involving food & beverage quality and customer service.
• Partner with Marketing to create and execute promotions and advertising.
• Maintain and manage all vendor relationships.
• Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
• Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
• Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting regular one-on-ones.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
• Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
• Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Manage scorecard to achieve goals based on annual budget and growth targets.
• Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
• Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet set expectations.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining daily restaurant operations.
• Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage.
• Demonstrated ability to understand organizational strategies and business operations.
• Demonstrated experience in managing conflict across teams quickly, effectively and consistently.
• Five years’ experience in restaurant operations or a combination of practical experience and food service specialized education.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in restaurant management or supervision with sales volumes of greater than $1M.
• Demonstrated experience with inventory, cost controls, COGS and use of electronic systems.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Associates degree in the culinary arts or restaurant management.
• Working knowledge of POS systems.
• Knowledge of Trading Card Games and/or Hobby Gaming.
Equal Opportunity Employment: We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class.