$25.15 - $30.00 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 12/22/20
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by January 8, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. KCHA is a national leader in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
The Department of Human Resources is currently recruiting a highly skilled and professional HR Coordinator. Located on the central campus in Tukwila, WA, this position serves as an integral part of the HR team and plays a critical role in assisting the department by providing a wide variety of administrative support to ensure the effective operations of the HR office.
The ideal candidate for this role enjoys database operations, will have strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g. pay and benefits, leave of absence, L&I, FMLA, FLSA) and have proven experience completing daily tasks in support of HR operations and department initiatives.
We are looking for a person who enjoys administrative support, who thrives in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment that is detail-oriented, enjoys both working independently and with a small but mighty team.
Your love of efficiency, attention to detail, resourcefulness and good judgment to ensure smooth operations of the team will make you successful in this role. If you are interested in joining a high performing team and learning more about Human Resources, this opportunity is for you!
The HR Coordinator will:
- Provide support to special projects as assigned by the Department Director and Associate Director addressing complex day-to-day operations and initiatives of the HR Department.
- Participate in the administration of employee benefit programs, including new hire enrollment and open enrollment.
- Process employee benefits with the use of a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and several third party benefit systems.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding medical/dental and retirement plans, status changes, and separations.
- Act as a liaison with TPA vendors and representatives for benefits, work-related injuries and leave of absence administration.
- Coordinate L&I claims by preparing correspondence, responding to emails and organizing files for inquiries related to the workplace injury program.
- Assist with processing leave of absence (LOA) requests for eligible staff by establishing new LOAs, tracking status of existing leaves, developing correspondence regarding benefits and communicating with staff and managers regarding the status.
- Prepare and review employment documentation for compliance along with state and federal reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with HR staff for delivery of timely and accurate information in response to inquiries and/or service issues.
- Associate's Degree AND
- Two years of successful Human Resource experience administering/supporting benefits, federal/state leave programs, work-related injuries or reasonable accommodations OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws in employee related practices including FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, ADA, and other related compliance areas.
- Exercise independent judgment in providing administrative support relating to sensitive and confidential matters including legal, personnel and/or financial functions.
- Experience utilizing database systems and performing data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail while ensuring compliance with organization policy and state/federal law.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information; ability to compose and prepare correspondence, assists in designing and producing technical information handouts; technical charts, tables, templates and forms; demonstrated proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to interpret and explain complex or technical rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Create, maintain, update, enter and retrieve data records by utilizing MS Word, Outlook, SharePoint, and Excel programs and a specialized database system(s).
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, keeping track of information or work in progress, ensuring accuracy, and multi-tasking; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must apply at:
. Human Resources Coordinator (Long-Term Temporary) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)