Effective December 1, 2021, the King County Housing Authority has instituted a COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Policy that requires all regular, part-time, and temporary employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for the health and safety of its workplace and community. Newly hired employees must provide proof to KCHA Human Resources after an offer of employment has been made and before their first day of employment that they are fully vaccinated. Individuals with a qualifying medical or religious reason may submit a request for exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
Please note this position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by May 19, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is seeking an experienced administrative professional to provide critical support to our Human Resources Department. This is a highly visible position and a primary point of contact for KCHA staff, residents, general public and other customers who engage with KCHA. To that end, the successful candidate must be dependable, punctual and skilled in handling frequent interruptions during the day with a pleasant demeanor and customer-focused mindset.
The ideal candidate will:
- Respond to inquiries on the phone with applicants, residents and the general public.
- Enjoy engaging with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Collaborate with a charismatic team of HR professionals.
- Excel with a high level of autonomy.
Opportunities like this aren’t presented every day and we assure you this isn’t too good to be true! You will be joining a dynamic team of HR professionals who laugh a lot, strive to balance conflict and stress with grace and gratitude, and embrace change with open arms. If our team and this opportunity align with your goals then we invite your application for this position.
HR Administrative Assistant will:
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform administrative functions in a professional and organized manner with an eye for continuous improvement.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to inquiries; greet walk in customers; answer questions about KCHA housing services and provides contact information about resources.
- Process and distribute mail; distribute payroll checks; and is comfortable dealing with highly confidential information.
- Maintain office equipment including supplies, postage funds, technical support and vendor relationships.
- Receive, log and maintain records for incoming forms of payment and disperse to Finance team for processing.
- Order and stock supplies and forms; process photocopy requests; provide administrative support with a variety of clerical and facility tasks as necessary.
- Utilize multiple HR based systems including Human Resources Information System (HRIS), maintain and update the HR SharePoint site.
- Handle ID badge creation, activation and suspension, manage employee badge system and supplies, troubleshoot ID badge printer and software.
- Coordinate breakfast and lunch for Executive Director event, to include all correspondence, ordering food, creating bios and securing conference rooms.
- Support and aid with various employee programs including new employee orientation program (NEOP); prepare orientation packet, organize logistics for courier services and onsite meal delivery.
- Utilize MS Office products, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Consistent and predictable attendance required; ability to work regular business hours, 40 hours per week on a full-time basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High school Diploma or GED AND
- Two years of experience providing office and/or administrative support OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience maintaining records (manual and electronic) and performing data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience and commitment to providing customer service to internal and external stakeholders ensuring timely response and positive interactions.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook and database software; maintaining office equipment.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; interact effectively with others to establish and maintain smooth working relationships.
- Ability to think critically and creatively while reflecting; will question and search for answers and meaning; evaluate ideas and information and develop ideas that lead to action.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the first day of employment or have an approved medical or religious exemption and reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualifying individuals if the accommodations do not present an undue hardship.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass criminal records background check.
- Position will require travel off-site for KCHA business needs. The successful candidate will need to have access to reliable transportation to meet the business needs of the Agency.
Position Information and Application Process
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $23.99 - $29.39 hourly. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.