The Organization: Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) is a growing, innovative and mission focused independent government Agency based in Lower Queen Anne, Seattle. We have a highly diverse, committed staff of more than 650 people who are dedicated to expanding housing opportunities, promoting quality communities, and improving quality of life for our citizens and neighbors.
We are best known for the great care we take of our clients, our dedication to creating a work environment where employees do their best work, and for our deep commitment to race and social justice equity.
The mission of SHA is to enhance the community by creating and sustaining decent, safe, and affordable living environments that foster stability and self-sufficiency for people with low incomes.
We are seeking to fill a Recruitment Strategic Advisor position. The Recruitment Strategic Advisor will be paid $40.81 – 61.21 per hour (D.O.E, knowledge, skills, and abilities). This position is project full-time with an estimated end date of December 31, 2027.
The Position: We are looking for someone to serve as a program manager and strategic advisor to develop candidate pipelines by identifying, cultivating, and attracting talent from underrepresented groups to our openings.
- Plan and implement sustainable strategies and programs to achieve SHA’s equity and recruitment goals
- Advise SHA’s leadership on culture change for recruiting BIPOC talent
- Develop SHA’s brand as a great place to work and grow
- Advise SHA’s leadership on legal and equitable hiring practices in the hiring process
- Build and maintain networks of qualified candidates, using both a short-term and long-term view
- Partner with hiring managers to develop sustainable internal and external talent recruitment programs
- Build relationships with community partners, such as colleges, professional associations, and alumni groups
- Identify key performance indicators and analyze data to determine effectiveness of strategies
- Define hiring criteria and develop candidate profiles
- Develop marketing materials and strategies for candidate recruitment
- Oversee SHA’s involvement in job fairs and other career-related events
- Proof of vaccination on first day of employment. Please read our vaccination policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related fields
- Five years of progressive experience in recruitment
- An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may substitute
The Location: Queen Anne Central Office, 190 Queen Anne Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- We offer medical, dental, vision insurance, and Public Employees' Retirement (PERS), if hired into an eligible position.
- We also offer generous paid leave and holidays
- Reasonable hours
- Possibility of partial alternative work arrangement/telework for eligible positions
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
For additional information on the job, please see the full posting.
For information on our hiring practices, see our diversity policy and equity policy.