Site Manager III – Arbora Court -$1,500 Sign-on Bonus!
Salary range: $28.36 to $31.34 DOE
Seattle, WA • Property Management
4750 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Full-time, Monday-Friday/40 hours per week with flexibility to work schedules to accommodate leasing needs, including weekends and evenings.
Oversee all aspects of managing building, promoting a “sense of community” among residents with activities and services, working to solve problems and facilitate a responsible and positive community. Complete leasing and move in tasks in accordance with Bellwether policies. Utilizing property management software, collect rent and monitor resident accounts. Complete initial and ongoing certification of residents as prescribed by Bellwether procedures. Work in collaboration with the Facilities Department to coordinate work orders, preventative maintenance, and unit turnover. Supervise the Assistant Site Manager. Act as liaison to agencies providing referrals and case management to the residents.
Essential Job Duties:
· 3+ year’s prior apartment management or leasing experience. Equivalent education/experience may be substituted for stated requirements.
· 1+ year experience directly supervising staff.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality at all times.
· Experience applying fair housing laws and local landlord/tenant laws.
· Customer service aptitude including problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and tactfully to both internal and external customer requests. Positive attitude a must.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Dependable, highly motivated, accurate, detail-oriented, and organized individual skilled at meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
· Experience handling money or performing rent collection.
· Experience working with Yardi property management software or equivalent.
· Previous affordable housing compliance experience that demonstrates knowledge of initial and annual certification process, including reviewing and interpreting background screening reports and calculating household income.
· Completion of WSHFC Fundamentals and advanced training workshops.
· Experience with Seattle Housing Authority Section 8 Project and Tenant-Based programs.
· Experience working with Yardi or equivalent property management software.
· Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with community constituencies and social service agencies.
· Experience working with social service programs for diverse populations and making referrals as appropriate.
· Prior experience working with a 55 or older population and/or seniors who are aging in place.
· Prior cleaning and light maintenance experience in a work environment
· Bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Tigrinya or English/Amharic.
· Must be able to perform non-repetitive lifting of at least 25 lbs.
Other Job Requirements:
· A willingness to learn about one’s own prejudices and biases.
· An ability to work toward equal status relationships with people who are different.
· An ability to question personal assumptions about the skills and competencies of employees who are different.
· A desire to learn as much as possible about how one’s own culture is different from others, and how that contributes to a particular way of viewing self and others.
· An ability to take risks to communicate with people from other cultures.
· An ability to learn from mistakes made in trying to communicate with people of other cultures.
· Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
· Personal or professional experience in anti-oppression work
· Commitment to anti-racism and dismantling institutional and systemic racism.
What we offer!
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including:
To view our full benefits package, visit www.mybellwetherhousing.com
Bellwether Housing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We value having employees whose skills, experience and background reflect the diverse populations we serve. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace, where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the unique perspectives they bring.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.