Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
West Chester, OH
Beckett Springs is a 98-bed behavioral hospital located in West Chester, OH. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment to adults, adolescents and their families. At Beckett Springs we are dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®.
The Human Resources Business Partner is a key member of the Hospital Leadership Team and focuses on building the overall team through, onboarding/training new employees, developing facility culture, managing employee programs and facilitating day-to-day HR operations at the facility. The HR Business Partner delivers exceptional HR administration and compliance by maintaining employee files, also tracks and ensures all employee certifications are up to date. The HR Business Partner uses team building, conflict resolution and strong communication methods to align individual and team performance with organization, vision, strategies, and mission. The job is inclusive of these areas and may have variable percentages of duties based on need and the cycle of HR activity. In general, duties will be divided as follows:
- 35% Employee Relations/Compliance/Engagement/Retention
- 30% HR Operations
- 35% Training and Development
- Drives and reinforces the Facility culture beginning with the candidate experience through orientation and beyond to ensure a thriving, cohesive workforce
- Knowledge of local employment laws, regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ability to plan and organize orientation. Delivers and facilitates training sessions for new and existing team members on a variety of topics including performance management, leadership and company developed culture initiatives. Maintains oversight of healthstream training compliance through running reports and following up with managers and employees
- Manages annual facility performance management and review cycle process and timeline
- Maintains oversight and coaches leaders/employees on progressive discipline and consistent Policy and Procedure compliance; ensures adherence to all employment policies
- Facilitates facility employee engagement survey administration and action planning process
- Possesses strong conflict resolution and team building skills and techniques.
- Can lead internal investigations and respond to EEOC charges when necessary.
- Maintains employee, contractor, student, trainee and volunteer files per TJC standards and guidelines. Ensures all certifications and required training are current and properly housed in employment file. Is additionally responsible for auditing, tracking and reporting compliance on file maintenance.
- Supports worker’s comp and leave management per hospital policies and state and local laws.
- Performs monthly and quarterly metric reporting per corporate requests. Monitors HR quality monitors and reports to QA directors. Implements quality improvement interventions as needed.
- Administer the salary administration policies and programs; reviews and readjusts salary ranges annually; conduct local wage surveys; monitor merit increases
- Manages termination process for exiting employees in conjunction with hospital leadership and CAO committee, guiding appropriate follow up and facility consistency
- Demonstrated ability to perform all necessary functions on HR technology platforms.
- Champions associate recognition programs, including annual service awards
- Implements strategies to increase employee engagement and reduce employee turnover
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 2-4 years HR experience or relevant business and HR experience. Hospital HR experience preferred.
License:. SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR Preferred
Additional Requirements: May be required to work flexible hours.